Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dinner with out-of-towners

Last night I had dinner with Ilan and my "out of town" friends. Kenlen was visiting from Taiwan, Shu was visiting from Boston, and Kris was visiting from Jersey!




First course - a super yummy bruschetta with tomatoes, olive oil, basil, and loads of garlic! Slices of baguette were grilled on my beautiful new Le Creuset cast iron grill pan. Love it!



Second course - salad with golden & red beets, gorgonzola, and a mustard vinaigrette. Needless to say I had my own special salad. Two thumbs up for Ilan's beautiful presentation! (She only obsessed over it for, oh, fifteen minutes.)





Third course - Turkey drumsticks and thighs with leeks and garlic braised in cognac and chicken stock, recipe courtesy of my friend Emily. Let's just say that someone was quite liberal with the cognac. And it wasn't me. The turkey drumsticks were huge! Like dinosaur legs!



Fourth course - roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon. There's a reason why they say that everything tastes better with bacon.




Fifth course - a sinful tiramisu courtesy of Kris.



Notice the towel hanging on Ilan's apron? What a professional chef!




Clean up time. Thank god Jenny is coming this Tuesday! Jenny, I'm sorry!! I know I am your worst client. What would I do without you? A special thanks to the person who knocked some sense into me and convince me to hire her. You know who you are.

No comments: