Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving with Dad and Achie Annette



Yummy pate, salami, and crackers, courtesy of Achie Annette.






Socializing while I slave away in the kitchen...


Before shot of my roast chicken. I know, I know - that's a tremendous amount of butter! But it was a French recipe. What do you expect?


Roasting away...


Okay, I know it looks burned but in fact that is a soy sauce glaze! Really! Not very visually appealing but quite delicious if I do say so myself! Recipe courtesy of Chez Pim, from Christian Delouvrier, former chef of the veritable Alain Ducasse in NYC.


Sauteed spinach with onions and raisins.


Wild rice pilaf with onions, crumbled sweet Italian sausage, and fresh rosemary.


Roasted butternut squash, à la Alice Waters.

4 comments:

Marksy85 said...

I am so impressed Dich! Did you cook all those dishes yourself? You must teach me how to make the wild rice pilaf when you're back. The coating on the chicken looks like mud though, I wonder why it turned out that way. But your photos are gorgeous, you have a good eye!

Poops and Eats said...

Thanks for your lavish praise! I actually did cook all of the dishes by myself! One thing I learned - I have a much easier time completing one dish at a time, as opposed to cooking several dishes all at one time. This technique resulted in zero stress! And we all know what a nervous wreck I am normally like in the kitchen...

Not sure why the coating ended up like that. It was supposed to be sticky, like a bbq glaze, but ended up more like a crisp layer. Perhaps I didn't heat up the glaze enough to allow it to thicken and become stickier?

Ilan said...

Yum! So how was the turkey skin (MONEY!!) underneath the burnt glaze?

Poops and Eats said...

Ilan, pay attention! It was roast chicken!!!